Combining international best practice with local know-how, our expertise covers the entire spectrum of dispute resolution forums, including arbitration (both commercial and investment), litigation, and mediation.
- The Vietnamese Government
- The People’s Committees
- Vinh Thai Urban Development JSC
- Minh Phu Seafood JSC
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
We offer a full range of Dispute resolutions services, including:
- Drafting mediation and arbitration agreements
- Pre-arbitration/litigation negotiations and advisory
- Representation and advocacy at all stages of mediation, arbitration and litigation proceedings
- Receive arbitrator or mediator appointments
- Recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and mediated settlement agreements
We have experience handling disputes in the following areas:
- Real estate
- Infrastructure & Project development
- PPP projects
- Corporate governance
- Commercial transactions
- Domestic Arbitration
- International Arbitration
- Commercial Arbitration
- Investment Arbitration
The firm’s founding and managing partner, Ms. Dinh Anh Tuyet is an arbitrator at the Vietnam International Arbitration Center (VIAC), she has participated in resolving many disputes, most notably:
Arbitration – Counsel
- Bryan Cockrell v The Socialist Republic of Vietnam UNCITRAL, Case PCA No. 2015-03
- ConocoPhillips (U.K) Limited, Perenco Overseas Holdings Limited, ConocoPhillips (U.K.) Cuu Long Limited, ConocoPhillips (U.K.) Gama Limited v. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Shin Dong Baig v. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam (ICSID Case. No. ARB/AF/18/2)
- Dr. Maya Dangelas (Dang Thi Hoang Yen), US Global Institute Inc. and Angels Company Inc v the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam
- Trinh Vinh Bình v. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- Co-arbitrator in a VIAC arbitration related to a dispute between a French Polynesian company and a Vietnamese company arising out of a contract for the shipping of bitumen
- President of the tribunal in a VIAC arbitration related to a dispute between a Japanese Manufacturer and its Vietnamese agent arising out of a dealership agreement
- Co-arbitrator in a VIAC arbitration related to a dispute between a Korean company and a Vietnamese counterpart arising out of a processing agreement
- VIAC Arbitration Case no. 12/2019: The Claimant initiated arbitration proceedings against the Respondent for alleged breaches of a contract for the sale and purchase of bitumen. The arbitration was conducted in English under the auspices of the VIAC, with a seat in Ho Chi Minh City.
- VIAC Arbitration Case no. 37/20: The Claimant initiated arbitration proceedings against the Respondent for alleged breaches of a contract for the sale of an Exclusive Online Game Software. The arbitration was conducted in English under the auspices of the VIAC
- VIAC Arbitration Case no. 16/21: The Claimant initiated arbitration proceedings against the Respondent for alleged breaches of the Consultancy contract on investment project formation and construction design. The arbitration was conducted in Vietnamese under the auspices of the VIAC.
IDVN is one of the few law firms with experience in representing individual/company clients in criminal cases related to transactions deposit and account management:
- Recovered over USD 10 million for a private client in criminal proceedings related to a fraud committed by officers in Eximbank
- Acting as counsel representing a private company in the case of Tran Phuong Binh violating regulations on banking activities and other activities related to banking activities and abuse of power or position for the appropriation of property in Dong A Commercial Joint Stock Bank
- Advising a Singaporean investor in relation to a complex shareholder dispute in a healthcare construction company.
Ms. Tuyet is an accredited meditator with the CEDR (UK) and the Vietnam Mediation Centre (VMC). She therefore always advised considering alternative means of resolving their disputes such as meditation, conciliation, or amicable negotiations.